Carbon Fiber Wrapping Process Guide
1. Carbon fiber cloth- choose twill carbon fiber cloth, which is much better than plain weave cloth in covering the curved surface. To choose a dense carbon fiber cloth.
2. Carbon fiber primer - the carbon fiber primer is black, because if the part to be covered is light-colored, the mesh of the carbon cloth may reveal the color of the part, resulting in poor surface effect. The color of the parts can be covered well with the black primer. Another function of the primer is to increase the adhesion between the carbon fiber cloth and the parts, so that there will be no detachment of the cladding layer and the parts.
3. Carbon fiber surface glue——Carbon fiber surface glue is the most important material in the whole coating process. It is necessary to choose a surface glue with high transparency and good defoaming property.
4. Surface glossy gold oil - choose bright gold oil for cars than ordinary clear paint, the effect is much better.
1. First degrease and remove dust from the surface of the part to be coated, and it is best to polish off the paint layer
2. Mix the primer at a ratio of 2 to 1. After stirring evenly, brush it on the surface of the part to be coated. After brushing the primer, use heating to make the surface of the primer smooth and smooth, use a baking lamp or a heater, etc. Heating equipment is available. Generally, the curing time is within 2 hours when heated to 40 degrees.
3. The bottom glue is cured and it is still sticky to the touch, but it will not stick to the hand. Spread the cut carbon fiber cloth (to cut the carbon fiber cloth, first stick the carbon cloth with masking tape, and then stick it along the middle of the masking tape. There will be no carbon fiber filaments scattered when cut. It should be noted that: the carbon cloth must be cut slightly larger than the surface of the part to be covered) and compact the carbon cloth to make the cloth and the part fit perfectly.
4. After the carbon cloth is laid, the surface glue can be applied. Prepare the surface glue according to the proportion. If the temperature is low and too thick, heat it to make it thinner. Then use a nylon brush to dip a small amount of resin and gently press it into the carbon cloth, so that the carbon cloth is completely infiltrated by the resin and removes the air in the carbon cloth. . (The extra carbon cloth on the edge of the part is also brushed with some glue, the function is to solidify the carbon cloth, and then use a utility knife to cut off the excess part of the carbon cloth for convenience) After brushing a layer, use the same method to heat the primer Face glue, let it cure. After the first layer of glue is cured, check whether there are any bubbles or impurities on the surface. If there are impurities, use a needle to pierce them. Generally, it is not recommended to use sandpaper to polish (sandpaper grinding is easy to embed the white powder that has been polished in the small holes and is not easy to get out. , small white spots will form at that time) and then brush the second layer of surface glue, the second layer starts because the carbon cloth has been fixed by the first layer of resin, so there is no need to worry about the carbon cloth being damaged when brushing, as long as the brush Brush a layer of glue on the surface and check for air bubbles. If there are no air bubbles, just wait until it is cured. If there are air bubbles, blow them with a hot air blower and the air bubbles will dissipate. Remember not to blow with strong wind, so as not to blow the glue away.
5. After repeatedly brushing about 4 layers of surface glue, the texture of the carbon cloth will be completely covered by the surface glue. After curing, you can start the polishing process (if the surface glue is brushed well, there is basically no need to polish) Check the surface If there is any unevenness, use No. 600 water sandpaper to smooth it, and then use No. 1000 to 1500 water sand to sand it. After drying, you can apply varnish.
6. After finishing the varnish, wait for the paint to solidify, then polish it with a polishing agent, either by hand or machine, and then you're done.