Advantages and applications of chopped carbon fiber
Chopped carbon fiber is chopped from carbon fiber filaments, and its basic properties mainly depend on the properties of its raw material—carbon fiber filaments. Because its apparent behavior is a certain length of velvet, compared to longer filaments, short fibers have the advantages of uniform dispersion, various feeding methods, and simple processes, so they can be used in fields where filaments are not suitable.
Chopped carbon fiber has the characteristics of light weight, high strength, high modulus, corrosion resistance, electrical conductivity, good shielding performance, and high wave absorption. It is mainly used in high-tech fields such as military industry and aerospace. However, with the rapid development of the economy, the excellent properties of chopped carbon fiber are increasingly widely used in the civilian field:
1. Application in thermal insulation materials: carbon fiber reinforced refractory bricks and bricks, carbon fiber reinforced ceramics, etc.;
2. Application in reinforced modified plastics: nylon (PA), polypropylene (Pp), polycarbonate (PC), phenolic (PF), polytetrafluoroethylene <PTFE>, polyimide (PI, etc.;
3. Application in the field of electric heating: conductive paper, electric heating plate, conductive surface felt, needle felt, conductive mat, etc.;
4. Applications in the field of new energy: wind power generation, friction materials, electricity of fuel cells, etc.;
5. Application in sports and leisure daily necessities: golf clubs, fishing gear, tennis rackets, badminton rackets, arrow shafts, bicycles, rowing boats, etc.;
6. Application in body substitute materials: artificial ligaments, etc.
7. Application in the construction field: carbon fiber reinforced cement, conductive coating, anti-static floor, etc.;
8. Application of shielding materials: manufacturing shielding smoke, shielding curtain walls, etc.;